Now that the school year is coming to a close, and Prom is right around the corner, there is no better time to introduce some cool tips and awesome features. Check out our awesome tips when planning your prom night!
To make yourself look amazing for this special day, it’s better to get yourself prepared ahead.
- Baking that face
Yes, it gives you that flawless airbrush look and makes your pores look completely non-existent but when the bright flash of a camera goes off on your face…well, you might end up looking like you have a floating face, which most likely not be the look you’re going for.
Some tips are to make sure your foundation or powder does not have the ingredient ‘silver mica’ which is a magnet for flashbacks. Another great tip is to put foundation on your ears, (gross, I know.) but if you don’t, it can make you look two toned as well as making it seem like you are wearing a ton of foundation. But thankfully, we live in a world where we don’t need to accept a bad photo of us. With Fotor, you can completely remove any kind of blemish, dark spot, and even wrinkles. Don’t let a red eye effect ruin your perfect prom photo. The great thing about all this is that it isn’t even hard.
I know what you’re thinking, “but how can I become a photoshop expert overnight!?” An awesome thing about Fotor is that you don’t have to! When you go and edit a photo on Fotor, click on the Beauty icon on the right panel and you’ll have a ton of options to better enhance your look. Your high coverage foundation couldn’t live up to its name? That won’t matter. Use the blemish fix and soothing effect to give you that flawless, poreless look.
*PROM TIP* Use a toilet seat cover to blot your face! (A clean one of course)
- PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!
Like the old saying goes, practice makes perfect. So whether you’re going to the mall or just staying at home with Netflix for company, it is important to practice your prom makeup a few days before. Make sure that your makeup will be able to withstand all the blood, sweat, and tears that go on at prom. Of course, at Fotor, we have your back in case of an emergency.
So if you ever catch yourself thinking “oh no! my eyeliner is all smudgy!” “Did I just sweat my contour off?!” “Eyebrows not on fleet!”
Well don’t stress it, on Fotor, you got your whole vanity with just a few clicks. We have everything from eyeshadow to lip tints. (you can even erase a few pounds here and there but hey, you didn’t hear that from me.)
*PROM TIP* Put panty liners in your heels to absorb sweat!
- Gear up for the perfect selfie!
Yes, the latest iPhone takes breathtaking shots but like most phones, it’s practically useless in bad lighting. A way to avoid this and take amazing shots anywhere you are is to invest in a selfie light. Just attach it to your phone and turn it on whenever you’re ready to say Cheese. No need to go hunting for the perfect lighting and plus, it would make your highlight look absolutely blinding. Now, Once you’re done, you can go ahead and make a collage of all your favorite prom memories. Did I mention you can also do that in fotor? Choose from many different styles and theme that best suit your needs and begin to create! With our completely customizable layouts and endless options, make your photos unforgettable.
*PROM TIP* Put socks on and use a blow-dryer to break in your heels!
This will definitely be night to memorize during your lifetime. I bet you’ll never want some bad shots to look at after years! We’ve also prepared some photography tips to ensure your prom photos are just perfect as your makeup.
- Take more candid shots! Be passionate when taking photos of people, capture their most relaxing moments, don’t let them pose too much. And those pictures will become the most precious memory in their life.
- Use flashlight to freeze interesting actions by people. Although high shutter speed can do the same thing for you, but in many circumstances like dark environment, it’s not the fact.
- Bring wide angle lens with you, so you can always include as many elements as you want in limited space.
- Shoot jpg format pictures. Don’t mind the benefit of Raw picture can offer like great image quality. Taking prom pictures is only about fast reaction to instant incidents happening around. Shoot jpg pictures can save your time.
- Edit pictures on smartphones is convenient and efficient. As we can see, most cameras are capable to be connected to smartphones through WIFI. You are advised to send your pictures to phones just after taking some amazing picture of your friend.
- Choose the right image editing app is never a little issue you need to consider. Fotor mobile app is highly recommended by me. And it’s really what you would fall in love with at the first use. It has professional tools helping you edit your prom picture quickly and nicely!
Hope all of you will have a wonderful night to remember!